Our power is sourced from wind and low impact water generation. We pride ourselves on using 100% green energy and have reduced our carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) by nearly 29.21 tonnes/ 32.2 tons a year, nitrous oxide by 37.13 kilos/ 82 lbs and sulfur dioxide by 94.34 kilos/ 208 lbs.
Our waste stream is separated on a daily basis. Plastic and paper is separated for pickup. Empty drums and metal products are sold for scrap and re-smeltered. Tank washout, expired raw materials, electronic components, light bulbs, colorants, retained samples, etc. are saved and properly disposed of, rather than flushed into the water stream or mixed with regular garbage.
Our catalog uses Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certified paper. This means the production process and chain of industries each uses environmentally sensitive practices. Starting from tree selection within managed forests; to the cutting, milling and processing using only sustainable and highly regulated methods. The inks we use are vegetable derived and the printing plates use no acids for etching.
Our boxes are unwaxed (waxed can’t be recycled) and use 60% post consumer corrugate. The other 40% is unbleached FSC board. The inks and glue are vegetable based. Your products in the box will be protected with either 100% recycled brown paper or with corn starch derived “peanuts”. This styrofoam looking packing material dissolves in water, is non-toxic, static free and FDA approved.